Hello, guest
|
Name: sweet tomorrow
[ Original Post ]
Packing your hospital bag. What do you think you need to bring to the hospital for you and the baby.. Don't forget Daddy too.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: missmara | Date: Dec 17th, 2006 10:47 PM
Jolly Rancher lollipops - they keep your mouth from getting dry.
Your own face soap and moisturizer - the hospital stuff is a little hard on the skin
And the obvious...outfits for baby, pajamas for self, toiletries, camera, change for snack machine, phones and phone numbers of people to call. I also brought my daughter's baby book so I could start filling it in before the details left my brain! 

Name: bmes | Date: Dec 18th, 2006 6:29 AM
bring your own pads that you'll be comfortable in....those ones they give you in the hospital are HUGE and puffy....it feels like you got a big rolled up towel in your underwear. YUCK!!! it's so gross...other people have suggested "Depends" before, but i'm not sure about those. lol....couple nursing bras....i hate wearing PJ's , but obviously i couldn't walk around naked, so I just brought my robe and slippers!! and MAKE-UP....yes....now i think back and there are sooooo many people that come to visit, and they want to take pictures, and after being in labor for 30 hours you don't look so hot. I don't have one nice picture of me and my baby when she was a newborn. i have big black rings under my eyes...ugh i was a walking zombie...yuck...i think make up would have made me feels just a little more human. then the obvious stuff which has already been mentioned!! if i think of anything more i'll come back!! lol 

Name: Mom2Be2007 | Date: Dec 18th, 2006 8:16 AM
I am actually in the process of packing my bag. Right now all I have is

Gowns for the baby to wear while in the hospital
Socks
Going home outfit for the baby
Blanket in which I will use to cover her when we go home

For me I plan on packing:
A going home outfit
Socks
Bra
Underwear
Night Gown
Robe
Slipper
Brush or Comb
Hair Bands/Rubberbands
Shampoo
Body Wash/Soap
Face Wash
Deodorant
I might pack my make-up
Contacts
Contact Solution
Toothbrush
Toothpaste

Mouthwash
Floss
Lotion
Books,
puzzle books
Car Seat

Because I also have a 2 1/2 year old son my husband and I purchase a couple fo gifts in which I wrapped so that he won't feel left out and forgotten when people come and bring the baby something. 

Name: SaRaH | Date: Dec 18th, 2006 8:19 AM
Ive got my babies bag packed...so far i have in it

Nappies
Towels
Bottles/forumula - Just incase he cant be breast fed
Bib
Socks
Outfits x4
Dummies
Wipes
2x blankets
car seat needs to be put in the car ..

For me i have so far
slippers
nightygown.....and lord its the uglyiest thing..Lol
breast pads
maternity pads
camera
All my toiletries - shampoos etc

I know im forgetting stuff..i always do..Lol 

Name: Mom2Be2007 | Date: Dec 18th, 2006 8:24 AM
Yeah that always happens to me...I am sure that as soon as I am up at the hospital I will realize that I forgot something...I'll just send my husband home if that happens...LOL 

Name: SaRaH | Date: Dec 18th, 2006 8:29 AM
Yeh! i dont have that luxery..thats why ive been so anal about packing my hospital bag..you have NO idea how many times ive pulled everything out and repacked it again..Lol 

Name: missmara | Date: Dec 18th, 2006 2:11 PM
What are dummies??

And remember that YOUR going home outfit should not be a pair of your skinny jeans and a shirt!! I wore sweats home even though it was over 100 degrees F because they were stretchy, but it's usually suggested you bring an outfit that was comfortable for you around 6 months. 

Name: SaRaH | Date: Dec 18th, 2006 8:55 PM
dummies = pacifiers ... 

Name: Melissa | Date: Dec 18th, 2006 10:02 PM
the main thing that i forgot and needed was hair ties. i had to send my bf home for some.

mom2be2007- u should make those gifts you bought "from" the baby. my mom and dad did this with me when the baby was born and it helped the "attention factor". it made me feel like i was part of it and the baby liked me. 

Name: Melissa | Date: Dec 18th, 2006 11:24 PM
i meant when my sister was born. man i'm having major brain farts today. lol! 

Name: popes_gurl_54 | Date: Dec 19th, 2006 7:44 AM
yep~ponytail holders,,,,even if your hair is short, at least it will get the pieces around your face back
and definitely bring your own pads!!!!! BMES is right, they feel like you have a towel in your underwear!!! 

Name: missmara | Date: Dec 19th, 2006 1:30 PM
I thought of another thing - a boppie pillow. If you plan on breastfeeding, the lactation consultant can help you find the best position for you and baby, and when you're not nursing, you can sit on it! It keeps your bottom from getting any more sore!!

I've never heard pacifiers called dummies!! I was thinking of the dum dums lolliipops!! Is that an Aussie thing Sarah?? 

Name: sweet tomorrow | Date: Dec 20th, 2006 4:02 AM
I'm only 8 weeks, but I'm anal and have to have things done early! I guess I'm weird 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us