Hello, guest
|
Name: mybabyboy
[ Original Post ]
I had my baby on October 11. My period left The beginnning of November. On December 11 or 12 a little blood came down. That happened for about 2 days and it stopped. I haven't recieved my period. Is this normal when should my period come down normally? Please help!!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Kristy84 | Date: Dec 19th, 2006 2:25 AM
are you breastfeeding? 

Name: mybabyboy | Date: Dec 19th, 2006 2:58 AM
I haven't been breatfeeding for about 2 weeks. I had a real bad cold and I was taking anitbiotics and I wasn't allowed to do it. 

Name: Kristy84 | Date: Dec 19th, 2006 4:04 AM
From what I understand, it's copletely normal, especially if you're breastfeeding. Just b/c you stopped bf 2 weeks ago, doesn't mean that your body has adjusted to it. Are youplanning on resuming the bf? If so, your period will be delayed even longer. Good luck w/ your baby. 

Name: Melissa | Date: Dec 19th, 2006 5:42 AM
why weren't you allowed to breastfeed? you can still breastfeed if you are sick. the antibotics won't harm the baby. there is little if any that gets into the breastmilk.

some woman that breastfeed won't get their periods back until they completly wean and some will get it back right away, every woman is different. i had some "breakthrough bleeding" 2 months before i actually got mine back. 

Name: mybabyboy | Date: Dec 19th, 2006 7:03 PM
idk they told me I wasn't allowed to bf. I just started doing it again yesterday. 

Name: Melissa | Date: Dec 20th, 2006 2:50 AM
Most doctors don't know a whole lot about breastfeeding. they just do kinda an overview of it in medical school. so unless the really look into it they don't know much, just the basics. There is a book by Dr. Hale that has all the medicnes in it that you can and cannot take while preg. or breastfeeding. most docs and pharmists(sp?) tell you not to take them just to be on the safe side because they don't know for sure. if you are going to continue to breastfeed i suggest checking out. www.kellymom.com and/or www.breastfeeding.com there are ladies on the breastfeeding.com forums that have Dr. Hale's book and can look up any medicne you get prescribed to see if it is safe. hope some of this helped and congrats on the little one! 

Name: mybabyboy | Date: Dec 20th, 2006 6:42 PM
thanks! 

Name: LindsayK | Date: Dec 21st, 2006 6:17 AM
I had my baby October 1st and I just got my period Dec. 18, and it's still here. However, it's been light the entire time. I am breastfeeding. I thought most women didn't get periods while b/f. Boy was I dissappointed! 

Name: LindsayK | Date: Dec 21st, 2006 6:17 AM
i meant it started dec.16, not 18, sorry 

Name: Melissa | Date: Dec 21st, 2006 8:05 AM
i know it sucks doesn't it. every woman is different. my best friend had a baby 2 wks after me and was breastfeeding also. she started her period when baby was 4 months old. i didn't start until my son was 9 months old. my mom on the other hand was super lucky and didn't start until i completly weaned! too bad i didn't inherit that. all she gave me was the genes to get stretch marks! lol!! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us