Hello, guest
|
Name: bundy_mum
[ Original Post ]
hey all,
well i am 20 this year and have a 22 month old daughter and am 29 weeks pregnant. My partner and i broke up and now i am all alone, no family or friends jut starting to meet people at playgroup and stuff. Forthe last 2 months i have had really bad ligament pains and they are getting worse it gets to the points where it takes me 5 minutes just to hop out of bed i am in that much pain. since the brake up it has been hard, working 2 days and looking after an energetic toddler. I have suffered from depression since i was 15 and starting to think i amgetting it again all i want to do is cry and get angry alot quicker then usual. i was on tablets before i got pregnant the second time, but i dont want to take tablets until the baby is out. is anyone else in this position if so please give advice on how u handle everything
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: A Mom To Be | Date: Apr 24th, 2007 8:30 AM
Good luck. Why 'bundy'? As in rum, or are you from Bundaberg? 

Name: roseywosey | Date: Apr 24th, 2007 8:52 AM
im 30 weeks pregnant ! and im also 20 years old..do you know if you are having a boy or girl ? 

Name: lil_dancer77 | Date: Apr 24th, 2007 10:12 AM
Hey there bundy_mum!!!
My name is Nikki and i am 21 and 36 weeks pregnant!!! I am also going to be doing this alone. My ex left me when i was 6 weeks pregnant for another girl. I have not heard from him since! Its been really hard but i am now at the point where i feel so strong i know i do not need him or any other guy in my life to make me feel whole. I do have great friends and family who have supported me 100% since day one. I went to a councilor for a while to talk about how i felt and learn't ways to deal with what was going on, i found it very very helpful. Maybe you could try this? I thought i was going to have to go on anti-depressants but talking helped and it allowed me to get stronger on my own. However if you need there is nothing wrong with a little bit of help. There are lots of people out there who are willing to support you! I know i dont know you but i do understand what you are going through and if you want i can give you my email addresss, add me to msn and we can chat whenever you want.
This wont be easy, im not going to lye, but the best thing you can offer yourself is time. Keep yourself busy at work and involve your self in your daughters life and get excited about the new baby thats just around the corner! Do you know what you are having?
Let this experience be a learning one, we are both young and have alot more to experince before long!
As for him, let him be involved if he wants and let him love your kids, families are so different these days, and as long as your children are loved, and cared for thats all they need. Don't be afraid of the unknown because you just dont know whats around the corner.
He may just come around when he has finished doing what he needs to do..is he young also?
Sorry to rable, i just understand exactly how you feel, and its very scary to thnk about doing this alone. But jsut remember your ok, and you will be ok.
Nikki 

Name: lil_dancer77 | Date: Apr 24th, 2007 10:13 AM
also do you have to see him alot? My ex was deployed overseas the same night he told me he had someone else and i could not contact him for 6 months, so maybe that helped me?? Sometimes out of sight out of mind helps? I still think about him everyday though, but not in the same way i used to.. 

Name: briseis | Date: Apr 24th, 2007 10:21 AM
I'm not in a similar situation in that I have my fiancé, but my friends live 80 miles away, and I don't have family support either. I only really have my fiancé. I can tell you are depressed. I'm so sorry to hear you're going through so much. The only advice I can possibly offer is to concentrate on the good. You are all your toddler and this new baby has. You are their world. I'm 21-weeks, and already feel an overwhelming responsibility, and I like it! I like feeling needed, and important, and wanted. You are very young, and sounds like you're doing so well. You should be proud of yourself. So many young people don't take responsibility for their actions, and give their babies away. But not you. You're clearly a terrific, self-sacrificing mother. Concentrate on the good! Tell us about your little toddler! And are you having a boy or girl? :) I'm 21-weeks, and having a little son! 

Name: lil_dancer77 | Date: Apr 24th, 2007 10:27 AM
i agree, i think she is doing a great job too! And your right there are alot of young people who do the deed and freak out when they get pregnant! Thats the risk you take, regardless of condoms, the pill, and every other form of contraception you can get! You have sex you CAN get pregnant!
Have you got any names for you little boy yet briseis...
Where are you from? 

Name: briseis | Date: Apr 24th, 2007 10:33 AM
I'm from Belfast in Northern Ireland. You? I'm thinking of naming my little guy Tiernán (It's of Irish/Gaelic origin, and it means 'Lord'.) What about you? Any names for your daughter? 

Name: lil_dancer77 | Date: Apr 24th, 2007 10:36 AM
Oh wow!!! i do Irish dancing, our world champs are in Belfast next year!!! I have never been but i can not wait to get over there. I get my dresses from a shop in Belfast called Siopha Rince...you heard of it? Lol..sorry its exciting haha
I like that name, its gorgeous. the irish names are beautiful.
I am from Brisbane Australia, and names for my bub...um....havent really thought of much..i like Ava Rose, Sinae Rose, Maddie or Alysia...my fav is Kaydence, but my family doesnt like it! 

Name: briseis | Date: Apr 24th, 2007 10:43 AM
Aw those names are lovely. I particularly like Ava Rose. I've heard of Siopha Rince; it's a dressmakers? I always thought they were based in Dublin. Maybe not ... So you're coming to Belfast next year? Sounds like you're a great dancer! I never got into the Irish dancing myself, as I'm too keen on horse-riding to have time for anything else! But if I ever have a daughter, I'll insist she learns. 

Name: lil_dancer77 | Date: Apr 24th, 2007 10:45 AM
Yes they are based in Dublin, but recently have some stuff happening in belfast!
If i make it to nationals this year (going to wit and see what happens with baby) i will hopefully Qualify for the worlds and be in belfast next April!
How old are you? 

Name: briseis | Date: Apr 24th, 2007 10:47 AM
Well if that's the case, let me know! Bring your little Ava Rose, and I'll introduce her to my Tiernán. ;) I'm 23. You? 

Name: briseis | Date: Apr 24th, 2007 10:55 AM
It's good to hear Irish dancing is happening more and more in Belfast. I was raised in Derry (also Northern Ireland) which is HUGE for Irish culture, but in Belfast, what with the troubles, the unionists are always trying to inflict their British culture to override the Irish. Theres been quite a Celtic revival. So good to hear about the dance! And good luck making it to the nationals. :) 

Name: Lola | Date: Apr 24th, 2007 4:06 PM
Lol.

I nicknamed one of my old school mates Bundy.

Not after Ted of course...but good old Al! 

Name: NIKKIS | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 2:37 AM
hi! im 29 weeks as well and 20 lol. so we have a lot in common. as well as the fact that i am doing this alone. no man in sight but i do have my family. which really helps me. what has helped me a lot throughout my pregnancy is the women on this site. they are awesome and they are my crying shoulder. when i need help or need to be cheered up they all do just that. they are my "family" too :) 

Name: roseywosey | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 2:39 AM
wow geez. get me a tissue NIKKIS ahahaha =P 

Name: NIKKIS | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 2:40 AM
lol im such a dweeb but i really feel that way. ive come to care so much for all the women on here. i talk about yall to my family too they tell me im crazy lol 

Name: lil_dancer77 | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 3:29 AM
i agree, the girls on here are fantastic. They have helped me through this time as well. I just wish we didnt all live so far apart so we could all meet up! 

Name: roseywosey | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 6:27 AM
well geez.. that was a waste of a wish.. you could have wished for a million dollars!! your loss i guess. 

Name: bundy_mum | Date: Apr 26th, 2007 10:03 AM
well i dont know what i am having, i would like a boy but as long as it is healthy i dont really care. My daughters name is cadance and i love her more then words can express, i have never loved anyone or anything more then i love my little girl. she is the one that keeps me going and dont know what i would do without her. Her meaning means 'with rythem' and it really suits her cause she is always singing and dancing. when she turns 3 i want to put her in dancing, cause i did dancing when i was younger and loved it so much. I have names picked out for a boy and girl. Boy=Malakye Jaye
Girl=Shanika. If anyone can tell me what shanika mean that would be great i havent really found what it means yet. i know malakye means 'angel messanger'. I am really for what the names mean, cause well look at cadance she just sutis her name.well cant wait to here from you all. i really enjoy reading what everyone has to say and trying to help others. it makes me feel better 

Name: briseis | Date: Apr 26th, 2007 11:16 AM
Hi there. Not sure what Shanika means ... Tried searching for you but impossible to find the meaning! Cadance sounds like a little angel. It's lovely that you are so close with her. I hope I'll have that kind of relationship with my son. We're thinking of naming him Tiernán, which is of Gaelic/Irish origin, meaning 'lord'. Hows the pregnancy going? You gonna find out the gender before he/she is born? 

Name: bundy_mum | Date: Apr 27th, 2007 11:44 AM
well this pregnancy sux, my ligaments are all stretched in under my belly and it hurts so much it hurts to walk after awhile and it has gotten worse over the months. they cant do anything about all i can do is rest and it is hard to rest when i have a toddler and work in achild care center.hows urs? 

Name: briseis | Date: Apr 27th, 2007 12:31 PM
Not so bad yet. But then again I'm only 21-weeks. Still get nauseous, and get backache. Telling us to rest is ridiculous though! Especially you with a toddler. It's all very ideal if you have servants running after you, seeing to you every desire. But although I don't have a todder, I do have 2 messy dogs, 2 whiny cats, 2 extremely messy birds, and an acquarium, and the most lazy man in Ireland to care for. I'm also in charge of all the laundry and housework, and also the DIY for the new nursery. Yawn yawn yawn 

Name: nari_mom | Date: Apr 27th, 2007 4:27 PM
Hi I'm also 20 years old and 38 weeks and 1 day pregnant with my first baby, a girl. Her father and I haven't been talking lately and I doubt if that will change when she's here in 2 weeks. I've been doing everything by myself and hadn't had any help from him at all. So don't feel bad, we're in the same boat. But he's getting scared and nervous because he knows she can come any day soon and that I'm taking him to court for child support. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us