Hello, guest
|
Name: staceykelley
[ Original Post ]
can u take advil when u are pregnant i have a really bad tooth ache and nothing else works i went to the safe fetus web site but i dont understand what they are saying to many big words please if anyone has any advice please let me know
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: PiageM | Date: Oct 28th, 2006 3:49 AM
My Doctor said it was fine to take Advil during my pregnancy when i suffered a few severe Headaches 

Name: Coartney | Date: Oct 28th, 2006 4:07 AM
i was told tylenol, advil motrin. no alleve no aspirin. lol and i know how u feel on that toothache.. i gargled peroxide, sounds gross, but the swelling went down, the infection disappeared and i have no more mouth pain .. thank jebus! 

Name: l3itchyl3unny | Date: Oct 28th, 2006 4:09 AM
Paracetmols are fine to take as long as they dont have codiene in them.
I took Panadol which is the same as Advil its just a liquard form.
Hope your tooth ache gets better! nothing worse while your pregnant 

Name: KarenM | Date: Oct 28th, 2006 5:20 AM
Midwife told me Acetaminophen (Tylenol) was fine at any point during the pregnancy and that I could take Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) in the second trimester only. No aspirin at all. Tylenol doesn't usually work for mel, but during my pregnancy I found the few I had to take for back pain actually did the trick. I hope your toof feels better soon :) 

Name: staceykelley | Date: Oct 28th, 2006 5:53 AM
why only in the second trimester only what about the first trimester omg i took it in the first trimester before i even new i was pregnant do u think i hurt my baby im sorry i worry a whole bunch i am almost at 12 weeks thats when your second trimester starts right hmm i should no all this but i guess no matter how many children u have every pregnancy is different 

Name: babey_g_311 | Date: Oct 28th, 2006 6:05 AM
I had a really bad toothache like a month ago that was absolutely HORRIBLE,lol....I used those orajel sticks to get me through the night and took tylenol than called the dentist in the morning and he pulled my tooth, it sucked.....i suggest those orajel sticks though and an ice pack they somewhat helped me through the night....good luck 

Name: Kristy84 | Date: Oct 28th, 2006 4:28 PM
Advil, like ibruprofen is a Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug (NSAID), which many dr.'s recommend not taking at all. If your dr. does allow you to take it, then they will advise you to stop at the end of your 2nd trimester. These drugs have been shown to prematurely close the pulmonary valves in the baby's heart. I actually just had this discussion w/ my dr. this week. Tylenol doesn't work for me either; just use your discretion. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us