Hello, guest
|
Name: mallory
[ Original Post ]
what's kaden's meal menu. like what and how much does he eat at every meal on a typical day??

also, i wanted to start evey on meats when she cut a tooth but she hasnt yet. when would be a good time to start meats??
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: mallory | Date: Aug 31st, 2007 8:15 PM
oh and how do you cook and prepare the meat so they're able to eat it?? 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Aug 31st, 2007 8:54 PM
i think its 6 months for meats,
for veggies you can steam them

lol i dont know im not there yet, but i do have a baby cook book, b/c im making all Tyler's food 

Name: mallory | Date: Aug 31st, 2007 9:06 PM
i've made all of evelyns baby food since she was 4 months old. it's just even if you boil/steam meat it's still a little tough for babies. 

Name: FatallyYours | Date: Aug 31st, 2007 9:09 PM
puree? 

Name: mallory | Date: Aug 31st, 2007 9:12 PM
can you puree meat?? lol 

Name: FatallyYours | Date: Aug 31st, 2007 9:24 PM
they do for old people i thought? 

Name: mallory | Date: Aug 31st, 2007 9:35 PM
i dont know... 

Name: Randi | Date: Sep 1st, 2007 12:20 AM
I started Kaden on meat at about 6 months. I bake or steam it and then dice it up. Teeth don't matter because they don't use the front of their mouths. They use the back of their jaws.

Kaden has 1/2 banana, toast or cereal for breakfast
Cheese cubes, avacado, baked fruit for a snack
Lunch- grilled cheese, soup, veggies
Dinner- chicken, turkey, macaroni noodles, spaghetti noodles, steamed or baked veggies (he loves butternut squash) 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Sep 1st, 2007 12:41 AM
LMAO!
they do for old people i thought?

randi is he still on formula as well? 

Name: Randi | Date: Sep 1st, 2007 1:24 AM
Yeah. He will be on formula until at least a year. He still has a bottle about every 4-6 hours. 

Name: mallory | Date: Sep 1st, 2007 2:02 AM
okay, evelyn isn't too far off then.

for breakfast evelyn has
mix grained cereal with cinnamon and boiled apples on the side

lunch
oatmeal with sweet potatoes and corn on the side

dinner
oatmeal with carrots and sometimes some cinnamon apples for dessert 

Name: mallory | Date: Sep 1st, 2007 2:03 AM
oh, and evelyn doesn't know how to chew??? i used to give her the gerber biter biscuits but now i can't. she'll get a chunk off and then just swallow it. she chokes on things ALL the time. everytime i give her finger foods, i have to give it to her in a mesh feeder. so maybe meats should wait 

Name: Randi | Date: Sep 1st, 2007 2:23 AM
Are you only feeding her purees and cereals? If you don't start feeding her little chunks or thicker foods, then she doesn't need to chew. If she just doesn't want to chew, then she is most likely just not ready for the next stage. 

Name: mallory | Date: Sep 1st, 2007 5:31 AM
i started mashing her foods about a month ago. she puts on a weird face though when she comes across a larger sized chunk in her foods too. she's almost 8 months old, do you really think she's not ready?? 

Name: jillw | Date: Sep 1st, 2007 12:29 PM
ok so I know that kendra is younger only 5mo and I know lots of people don't start solids til 6mo so I haven't been that worried about it, but should they eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner? also do you guys still let them have the same amount of formula at feedings or do you decrease it?

I pretty much feed kendra solids once or twice a day, but sometimes not at all. I guess I am a little afraid of over feeding her. 

Name: mallory | Date: Sep 1st, 2007 5:33 PM
our kids are 8 and 9 months old jill and aren't under/over fed. but thanks for the concern :]] 

Name: Randi | Date: Sep 1st, 2007 6:41 PM
Jill

After a year I am going to cut out formula. For the first year food is just for practice but I want Kaden to get into a routine and develop good eating habits. He does eat breakfast,lunch and dinner because I want him to eat with me and Tyler. That's the number 1 thing that is recommended when starting solids... to eat at the same time as your child and eat the same thing. It makes them more willing to try new things and they feel like part of the family. Kaden is not overfed. He is actually only in the 50th for height and weight right now. I don't feed him any crap. No added salt or sugar and nothing processed. Hell, I even make my own bread : )

Oh and also, it's hard to overfeed them. It's baby led solids and you watch for cues. When Kaden turns his head and stops putting food in his mouth I know he is full. If he slows down on his formula intake, then I cut back on solids because he still should be on mainly formula for the next 3 months. I also have him pretty much only on a sippy cup. No more bottles except for nap time. 

Name: Double_K | Date: Sep 2nd, 2007 2:29 AM
I think that is soooo important! To make sure your kid has routine meal time down and has to SIT and eat with you or at that time. I think that is one of the keys to a non-picky kid. I have a nephew that was pretty much fed on the floor just when ever he whined, never at a highchair/table....now he is sooo hard to get to eat anything at normal times! 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Sep 2nd, 2007 4:02 AM
ya i agree, i hate when i see parents making food for them selves and then a totally diff meal for their kids like frozen chicken nuggets or mac n cheese..... thats soo horrible, and then the kids have no Palate !!!!! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us