Hello, guest
|
Name: mother2five
[ Original Post ]
whats your alltime favorite recipe.......one you like to cook yourself, not your fav. food.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: automansgirl | Date: May 1st, 2007 7:31 PM
I have so many, but one of my favorites is a homemade fett alfredo sauce. It is so good, and easy to make. You can look it up online. It's the one with cream cheese, parmesian cheese, butter, fresh garlic, half and half, and milk. So good! I just reheated some for lunch actually! 

Name: automansgirl | Date: May 1st, 2007 7:32 PM
I'm also getting ready to try making a Louisianna Bread Pudding. I've been craving it so bad! I think I may have to cook the sauce a bit longer than they recommend though, cause it's made with whisky. MMmmmmm 

Name: mother2five | Date: May 1st, 2007 7:32 PM
well my fav. is anything easy that the whole family likes which is actually a HUGE task w/ 6 people eating and soon to be 7. But what I make the most of and no one complains about is this sausage stuff that actually i have no clue what it's called...but heres the recipe: 

Name: mother2five | Date: May 1st, 2007 7:34 PM
1/2 cup bud light
1 hillshire farm sausage
1 whole onion sliced in large chunks
can of rotel
mushrooms if desired
sautee untill sausage is cooked and onions start to carmalize serve over white rice....kids love this 

Name: automansgirl | Date: May 1st, 2007 7:39 PM
Sounds good. If you like alfredo sauce you should try the homemade recipe. My step kids love it, and I always make it when we have company. It doubles and triples really easy, and it doesn't take more than 20-30 min to make (including pasta). You can add chicken to it as well. Hang on and I'll post the recipe. 

Name: Nicolaaa | Date: May 1st, 2007 7:39 PM
replied in sahm 

Name: Opheiliamath | Date: May 1st, 2007 7:46 PM
M25------What's Rotel? 

Name: automansgirl | Date: May 1st, 2007 7:47 PM
--Alfredo Sauce Recipes

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic -- pressed
1 package (8 oz size) cream cheese -- cut up
2/3 cup fresh Parmesan cheese -- grated (more if desired)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup whipping cream -- or half and half
1/8 cup milk -- optional

Directions:

In a large sauce pan lightly cook the garlic (DO NOT BROWN). Add the cheeses, butter, cream and milk, whisking constantly until smooth. If the sauce is too thick, you may want to add a little milk.

Toss fettucini lightly with sauce, coating well. This recipe is easily doubled, tripled, or whatever for large crowds and any leftover sauce freezes well. This recipe is enough sauce for about 1/2 to 3/4 pound (before cooking) of fettucini.

This recipe for Alfredo Sauce Supreme serves/makes 2 

Name: automansgirl | Date: May 1st, 2007 7:47 PM
I also like to make lasagna, chili, enchilladas! Good stuff. It's making me hungry! 

Name: Nicolaaa | Date: May 1st, 2007 7:50 PM
Name: Nicolaaa • Date: 05/01/2007 15:39:00

my all time fave recipe??

4 ice cubes,
one tall glass
a genorous dash of vodka
Pepsi max
and dress with cocktail umbrellas = 

Name: mother2five | Date: May 1st, 2007 7:50 PM
rotel tomatoes....you buy them canned at grocery stores, it's a mixture of tomatoes and chilles kinda spicy yummy 

Name: Opheiliamath | Date: May 1st, 2007 8:01 PM
Ok, thanks that sounds really good and super easy to make!

Besides the bud light is there anything else i can subsitute it for? 

Name: mother2five | Date: May 1st, 2007 8:09 PM
whatever you want i suppose do you mean another type f alcohol or something else all together, theres so little in there that the alcohol cooks out of it 

Name: Opheiliamath | Date: May 1st, 2007 8:11 PM
Oh DUH!

I bet the alcohol does burn out or why would you be feeding it to your kids...silly question.

Ok, thanks. I'm trying this recipe in two weeks! Thanks again! 

Name: bmes | Date: May 1st, 2007 8:47 PM
well...that's a toughy...i love to cook everything. 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: May 1st, 2007 8:47 PM
oOO this one is so simple, me and my brothers call it cereal potatoes, but my mom gets mad, its a Potato Casserole
you buy one bag of the frozen bag of square hash browns and one can of cream of mushroom soup, one bag of shredded chedder cheese, and mix it all together in a bowl, its eaiser to mix with your hands, grease a deep casserole dish and spread it all out evenly, then you get a big zippy bag and put a few cups of corn flakes in it, melt a few tablespoons of butter, crunch up the Corn Flakes and mix it with the melted buttter, then spread all over the tob and bake it at 400 for about 45-60min

SOOO GOOD!! 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: May 1st, 2007 8:51 PM
and this one i saw on Rachel Ray and it looked soo good!!!

Chicken with Wild Mushroom and Balsamic Cream Sauce

This recipe is a modern take on the ol' Cream of Mushroom Chicken. This one is more healthful and almost as easy as pouring that condensed, salty mass out of a can. It will heal a long day!

Salt
1/2 pound orzo pasta
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 6 ounces
Pepper
2 tablespoons butter
12 cremini or baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
12 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
12 white mushrooms, sliced
2 large cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon thyme leaves, a couple of sprigs, chopped
2 large shallots, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, eyeball it
3 tablespoons heavy cream or half-and-half, a couple turns of the pan
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, a generous handful

Heat a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and add orzo pasta. Cook to al dente.

Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan. Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper and add to the hot skillet. Cook the chicken for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm.

Return the skillet to the heat, turn heat back a bit, and add the butter. Once the butter melts add the mushrooms and brown stirring occasionally for about 4 to 5 minutes. Once the mushrooms are brown season with salt and pepper then add the garlic, thyme and shallots. Cook stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes or until the shallots are wilted. Sprinkle the flour into the pan and cook 2 minutes more. Whisk in the stock, balsamic vinegar and the cream. Turn the heat up to high and simmer for about 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice the chicken on an angle. Add the parsley and the chicken back to the skillet to heat up, about 1 minute.

To serve, pile orzo on dinner plates and top with the sliced chicken and sauce. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us