|
Name: simmonds-amanda
[ Original Post ]
BE WARNED
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Lizzi | Date: Jan 15th, 2007 7:29 PM
WTF IS BIG BROTHER???? The t.v. show? That doesn't start til july by the way! 

Name: atomic snowflake | Date: Jan 15th, 2007 9:51 PM
George Orwell wrote the novel '1984' sometime in the 1930s I think.

It is about a futuristic, totalitarian Society where peoples lives are constantly monitored and spied upon. The population live in abject squalor and poverty and are constantly terrorised by a sinister secret police force who are known as the Thought Police.

The person who is supposedly in charge of this miserable government is known as Big Brother - who doesn't actually exist, but is used to terrorise and hypnotise the population and keep them under ultimate control.

The hero of the story who's name is Winston Smith is a government worker who lives in a grim block of flats in the city of London. He commits a terrible crime by falling in love with a fellow goverment worker, a young woman called Julia. They are eventually discovered by the Thought Police, tortured and eventually betray each other...........

The novel is a compelling account of what our world may some day be like. It is based loosely around the conditions and climate of Stalinist Russia during which Joseph Stalin terrorised the population, tortured, incarcerated and murdered thousands of people. On the news of his death people were so frightened of him that they refused to believe what they'd been told and celebrate in case it wasn't true and they were killed - this also included high-ranking members of his government. 

Name: winnmom | Date: Jan 16th, 2007 12:13 AM
Oh I LOVE the show big brother!!!! 

Name: Lizzi | Date: Jan 16th, 2007 12:50 AM
Me too winnmom! 

Name: Lizzi | Date: Jan 16th, 2007 12:51 AM
I wonder where all the players from the first show are now? 

Name: winnmom | Date: Jan 16th, 2007 6:08 AM
Wouldn't it be neat if they did a big brother up date of all the players from every season? 

Name: atomic snowflake | Date: Jan 17th, 2007 12:27 PM
You're gonna come back with a furry what???? Toy? Kitten? Mouse? 

Name: Lizzi | Date: Jan 17th, 2007 7:52 PM
Yeah winn that would be neat! Remember Karen and Brittany,and Jaime? I think they were in the first one. They updated at one point and said Karen and Britany moved in together and karen was going to be making a cooking show,(I've not seen it!) And Jaime was supposedly going to become a model or something i think? anyway i've not seen or heard anything since about anoy of the old players. I wonder if their lives just went back to normal after the show? 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us