Hello, guest
|
Name: velvetblack
[ Original Post ]
It's possible I am pregnant. I am going to wait til next week to take a test. I am most likely just being paranoid but am curious about abortion. How exactly does it work? I heard that you can just take a pill?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: briseis | Date: Jul 22nd, 2007 4:55 PM
Yes there is. There is a method called a Medical abortion (known as 'the abortion pill')

'Medical abortion can be performed in the first 9 weeks of pregnancy. It does not involve any surgery. The woman is given a pill (mifepristone) and 36 to 48 hours later, a tablet (prostaglandin) is placed in her vagina. These two drugs end most early pregnancies within the following four hours. It feels like having a heavy and rather painful period.' 

Name: rbazin7689 | Date: Jul 22nd, 2007 5:52 PM
Yes I understand that medical abortion is more painful than surgical. As with surgical you are either completely under or partly anesthetised (spelling?) and may experience cramping and bleeding (like your period) after. However, the pill is much more private as the procedure takes place at home. If you are very emotional about this choice you might be better off with the surgical as the pill is much more "in your face" if that's anyway to put it. Best of luck. 

Name: briseis | Date: Jul 22nd, 2007 7:59 PM
Well, regardless of which way you want to do it, if you decide to abort the pregnancy, it's best to do it as early as possible. 

Name: goldenon18 | Date: Feb 28th, 2008 2:54 PM
Who here has actually gotten a medical abortion, with the pills? I'm seriously considering it. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us