Hello, guest
|
Name: mum2noah
[ Original Post ]
hi
im just looking for any advice, i have a 28 month old son, who had no contact with hihs father untill he was 17 months old , who turned up at my door step wanting 50/50 custody atm he is seeing my son on a sunday but has just started up the custody again and is taking me to court, i dont want him havnig it, but im just thinking about me i couldnt stand being away from my son for that long. but im still going to fight it. what does anyone the outcome will be?
thanks
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: CJ | Date: Apr 26th, 2010 8:53 AM
Hard to say as a single dad i know that i wouldnt wanna be stopped from seeing my son.. wat you need to ask yoruself is yoru kid better off with them seeing the other parent or not before trying to fight it cause "you will miss him" 

Name: EP | Date: May 17th, 2010 4:32 PM
If he just showed up in your child's life, then there is no way he will win in a 50/50 custody battle. From what I've read, status quo has been set for you to have sole custody of your child (where was he for the last 17 months). You do have to allow him visitation access and he has to pay child support (retroactive too). In your case, I'm sure a lawyer will reassure you that your ex has a huge uphill battle to get 50/50 custody... and he'll likely end up paying a portion (if not all) of your legal bills too cause of the unreasonable court demands he is making.

But as a dad, allow him access... It looks good on you and its good for the children. That's what I want... generous access to my kids. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us