Hello, guest
|
Name: slb10
[ Original Post ]
Hello to all,

I would like to first say that I am a graduate student currently working on a project that would help autistic individuals create clothing special to each persons needs. As I have researched the struggles people have in their daily lives that suffer from Autism, I have found very little about the need and frustration clothing is to them. Basically, my project is to create plan to eliminate the hardships of finding the specific clothing, trying on, etc. I would like to hear from any of you that would be interested in this type of service. It would be like ordering your desired outfit and picking out the materials, closures, waist bands, colors, etc to fit your needs. With this service you could order online and get different kinds of clothes that would feel the same on the inside as per your specific needs. I need to know if there is a market for this and if any of you would be interested in finding out more.

Thank you,

Shawna

Graduate Student at University of Arkansas
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: jhawkmom | Date: Jan 25th, 2007 10:55 PM
I have a 7 yr old daughter w/ADHD, anxiety, and sensory integration disorders. She is EXTREMELY sensitive to materials, buttons, seams, etc. I always dread taking her shopping for clothes because it is so frusterating for her and myself. I think your idea is intriguing and would be interested in finding out more. 

Name: Mel Mel | Date: Jan 31st, 2007 1:27 AM
hey I don't want to be in a clothes making I don't know how to make them. I just wanted to tell you that I have aspergers certain materials make me itch and I can't wear them, if a clothing is the wrong material or tight it hurts I have to wear soft loose clothing. I know personally what people like that go through. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us