Hello, guest
|
Name: briseis
[ Original Post ]
Watched a documentary last night called 'Baby Bible Bashers' about these kids who preach to adults! Who go into hostile areas to 'save' people. I thought, omg, those poor kids, they've clearly been told to do this by their parents ... I think it's cruel! People were swearing at the kids, spitting on them ... and one of the kids was crying. Is it neccessary to put your kids into a city like New York with signs with condemn people like homosexuals to Hell? If I saw it happen over here, I'd be right on the phone to Social Services!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: cherisalorraine | Date: Feb 15th, 2008 12:19 PM
I don't think that you should ever put your child in harms way to convey a message. I do understand that your children should stand up for what they feel to be true if that is their decision though. What you describe though sounds far worse than what I would let my girls do! 

Name: briseis | Date: Feb 15th, 2008 12:50 PM
Well I don't agree with Bible Bashers in the first place who stand in public areas shouting at people that they are sinners etc. Not everyone believes in God, and not everyone is Christian ... I don't think anyone should force their beliefs onto others. If someone wants to follow a religion, then they know where to go, but to let your kids do it? Horrible horrible 

Name: K-beth | Date: Feb 15th, 2008 2:22 PM
I wonder if the kids realy know and understand what they are doing. And i wonder what they will grow up to be. Makes me think of a show that was a christan boot camp for kids. I'm all for teaching our kids our beliefes then let them branch out to their own ways and pray we did well. My squeaker wants to get involved in charity work but i would never allow it to go that far. Whats wrong with the world. 

Name: homemommichele | Date: Feb 15th, 2008 4:26 PM
That is aweful. I think it is aweful on both sides, both of the adults that send those kids in there...no better than ones in the east that send their kids to be suicide bombers because they don't have the balls to do it themselves. But also the ones that would swear and spit on them as any thinking adult should realize that these kids could not come up with it on their own. I would be on the phone to cyf as well and I would be in their parents faces saying "what is your problem?? if you feel that strongly then fine, grow some balls and YOU get out there!!!" 

Name: momo | Date: Feb 15th, 2008 4:37 PM
I watched an episode on tyra banks a mom and her girls..preaching abour the bible and homosexuality..what got me is the languange they used..now how in the world would you call that christianly..it was dispicable..i felt so sorry for those girls having to grow up in such a hostile environment..knowing they were a product of their parents..knowing they were taught that and in turn they will teach that to there children..its a cycle..and its full of hatred..the way they come off is not christianly..it is hate.. 

Name: winnmom | Date: Feb 15th, 2008 4:55 PM
oh man that is horrible! 

Name: cjsims | Date: Feb 19th, 2008 2:13 AM
my kid wouldn't EVER be allowed to do that until they were old enough to defend themselves. EVER. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us