Hello, guest
|
Name: Lynne n
[ Original Post ]
My boyfriend is always in a bad mood!
If something goes wrong or does not go the way he wants it to it always gets taken out on me.
Most of the time he will cal me thick bitch and he tells me that if i dont get out of his face he will hit me,we are ment to be getting married but i dont know if i want that any more we have been togeather 8 years and i do love him but i cant take any more.What do i do?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Jen | Date: May 12th, 2006 7:57 PM
I would go with your gut feeling. Girl if you don't feel loved and he isn't changing then move on without him. I know easier said than done. 

Name: To Jen from Lynne | Date: May 12th, 2006 8:57 PM
I know what you are saying but it is hard when you have been togeather so long and have a child,but i am worried about what effect it is having on our 2 year old.
I have told him tonight that if things don't change then i will go. 

Name: To Lynne n from Hanna | Date: May 13th, 2006 12:35 AM
I was in the same situation a few years ago,and I can tell you what effect it is having on your child,If you have a son he will start to take on some of the trates of his father and you will lose the sweet child you love so much and in turn gain a child that calls you a b#@!h and so on.and if you have a daughter she will grow up thinking being treated like dirt is normal.Either way you must decide whether you are a mother first or a wife first. This is not a hard decision to make.Don't be affraid ,the fear of being alone often controls our actions.I think you need to ask yourself do you really love this man or are you just familiar with him.Please remember a 2 year old is like a sponge ,they pick up more than any of us know.I left the situation I was in and I couldn't be happier now ,just looking in the eyes of my child gave me all the strength I needed.Be the mother you want to be and put yourself and your child first. 

Name: To Hanna from Lynne n | Date: May 13th, 2006 8:33 AM
Thats the thing though Hanna he is a really good father he just lose's his cool sometimes,we had a chat last night and i told him straight that this is his last chance and i mean it i would like to try and work things out because we do love each other!
But i mean it one more time and he will be out the door,but the wedding is off for now! 

Name: To Lynne n From Hanna | Date: May 13th, 2006 9:57 AM
My Ex was always a very loving father and never even raised his voice to the children.The thing is it still has a major impact on their lives.When your child watches the way you are treated it has a domino effect .They may see this as normal because that is all they know and then in 20 years time if they are in the same situation they may not recognise it as wrong.And it is wrong ,demeaning names and threats can sometimes have more of an effect on someone's self than the act of violence itself. I am so glad you have talked to your boyfriend and told him the way you feel because a lot of women don't.Please though if things don't change follow through with what you have told him.I wish you all the very best and you will be in my thoughts.And remember you are obviously a caring person otherwise you wouldn't be bothered asking advice on this forum and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. 

Name: To Hanna from Lynne n | Date: May 13th, 2006 10:23 AM
Hi thanks for your lovely reply,and dont worry i will follow through with it if it happens again and i think he knows it as well.
We will just have to see how things go.Thanks. 

Name: terri | Date: May 14th, 2006 1:05 AM
Do you have any children? If so they dont need to see there father talk to there mother like that, it will make them insecure and feel unsafe believe me I grew up in that sort of environment. My dad never hit my mum, but always put her down and I remember feeling so hopeless and sad and wishing I could make it better. 

Name: Lisa | Date: May 14th, 2006 6:51 AM
If you marry him it will only get worse.Almost hits will become full blown hits.Unless you want a life of misery I'd get out now.8 years is nothing compared to the rest of your life so cut your losses and bail out.Your boyfriend has some serious issues.It could be he's bipolar and needs to be on meds for it and/or maybe he needs to be in some anger management classes.Either way those problems are his and if he won't deal with them properly,you're in for a rough life with this man.Your boyfriends anger problem is nothing to take lightly.Get out of the situation. 

Name: To Lisa from Lynne n | Date: May 14th, 2006 10:07 PM
Dont worry the wedding is off!
We have sat down and had a long talk about things and got a lot off our chests,i have told him that if it happens again then he is out the door!
I dont think he is bipolar but anger managerment is a good idea but weather he will go is a different matter!But thanks for your input! 

Name: Lynne n | Date: May 20th, 2006 7:11 AM
Hi i just thought that i would update you on whats happening at the moment.
He is going to anger management classe's
and this seems to be helping him a lot.So watch this space! 

Name: connie | Date: May 21st, 2006 2:59 AM
from west virginia. get the hell out off the relationship before u r misible the rest off ur life/ 

Name: To connie from Lynne n | Date: May 21st, 2006 9:28 PM
Did you not read the last reply? 

Name: Lisa | Date: May 21st, 2006 10:25 PM
I'm so happy that he is doing this,I'm sure it's not easy for him but am glad he is putting forth the effort,alot of men wouldn't,so praise him for it as I'm sure you are. I hope everything works out for BOTH of you. He must love you very much. 

Name: Lynne n | Date: May 22nd, 2006 11:20 AM
Thank you i know that he loves me.Life has lots of ups and downs and we have been on a down so hopfully we are now on a up! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us