Hello, guest
|
Name: Amayeli
[ Original Post ]
I am only 6 wks but i was wondering what people used to prevent or reduce stretch marks. Any special creams? Just want to make sure I have all my angles covered. Thanks!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Mandy | Date: Apr 19th, 2006 8:54 AM
Bio Oil, its expensive but brilliant. Email back if you want price details and where to buy from etc..... 

Name: tan | Date: Apr 19th, 2006 12:15 PM
I am 31 weeks and have been faitfully using coco butter cream I haven't got any marks on my tummy but I have some on my butt even though I'd applied it twice a day. 

Name: Baby J | Date: Apr 19th, 2006 1:53 PM
Im not even pregnant and still have stretch marks!! lol 

Name: Amayelia | Date: Apr 19th, 2006 2:58 PM
Mandy... please let me know more information regarding bio oil. I am very interested...

Tan.. thanks for the advice. so coco butter. Glad it's sorta working for you. I had heard it worked but always good to hear from a true experience. 

Name: Chris R | Date: Apr 19th, 2006 3:40 PM
I used coco butter and a special stretch mark cream and did well till 36 weeks. I had one stretch mark and after I had my son turned my whole belly broke out. (He was a really big baby though so that could've been part of it.) It's bad, there's not too much you can do to prevent them, but it helps to keep your skin moisturized and helps with the itching. Don't feel bad if you get any after all of that, but it never hurts to try! 

Name: XxXxXxXx----XxXxXxXxXx | Date: Apr 20th, 2006 3:32 AM
anything else? 

Name: Melissa | Date: Apr 20th, 2006 4:03 AM
sorry to tell u this but it doesn't really matter what u use. it all depends on your genes. ask your mom or sister if u have one and see if they got stretch marks if they did then i'm sorry to tell u. u will most likely get them as well. i am one of those who got them really bad and i used any and everything i heard of. it also depends on how big your tummy gets. i'm a small girl and my son was big so i have lots of them on my stomach cause it got huge!! the week before i had him it looked like a watermelon. lol. i had so many "stripes" going all the way up to my belly button. my son is 6 months old now and i still have them but they have gotten extremly lighter than they were. but they still suck. i keep trying to tell myself that i had to get them to get my big healthy boy but i'm still very selfconsious about it. 

Name: Ge | Date: Apr 20th, 2006 6:29 AM
Hi, Try using Aquamarine of Revlon. 

Name: jenn to chris | Date: Apr 21st, 2006 1:59 PM
so...... you got stretch marks AFTER??? oh god and i thought i was off the hook! 

Name: Chris Ry | Date: Apr 21st, 2006 10:19 PM
Jenn, no, I got them after they did an aversion and turned my baby. I was 36 weeks when they did that. I think it may have been from all of the pushing and digging. Not too fun. After baby you shouldn't get them, I hope not. I can't afford to get anymore. I'm already scared to see what my belly will look like this time around. 

Name: Ashlie | Date: Apr 21st, 2006 10:21 PM
Cocoa Butter and Mederma it is a scar medicine and it works great or so i hear i have not had any stretch marks yet 

Name: jenn | Date: Apr 22nd, 2006 2:43 AM
well i am starting 37 weeks and the nurse today said i have a pretty belly and am probablly going to be lucky and not get them, but im scared cause my mom got them and they are genetic. maybe all the cocoa butter is paying off. well, i could have a month more to go and they might pop up so i cant... how do you say ...count my eggs lol 

Name: jenn | Date: Apr 22nd, 2006 2:44 AM
is it counting your roosters and hens or counting your eggs before they hatch i just mean i cant get too happy just yet.... 

Name: Denise | Date: Apr 22nd, 2006 3:35 AM
I tried everything and managed to escape them until I was 38.5 weeks prego, gave birth 1 week later. It sucks, but I look at them as battle wounds. 

Name: Not True | Date: Apr 22nd, 2006 3:47 AM
It's not completely true that there is NOTHING you can do. Skin gets stretch marks if the skin stretches too fast or if it doesn't have good elasticity. Yes, elasticity is PARTIALLY genetic, but you can use lotion to help it becoming more elastic. Becoming more elastic is the key since something that is more elastic will stretch farther without becoming damaged. Use a lotion that has elastin or collagen. That would help. Motherhood Maternity sells some. Also, the other key is to try to make sure that your weight gain is even, not sudden, BUT DO NOT DIET! If you have any questions about skin elasticity and what can help, ask a dermatologist. That was who told me about collagen and elastin. Some women may still get stretch marks no matter what they do, but this things will help reduce the severity! 

Name: to not true | Date: Apr 22nd, 2006 4:09 AM
i did everything that i heard of to prevent stretch marks. i swear i probably went through 20 bottles of that special stretch mark lotion and i got them soooo bad. my son is almost 7 months old and they r still just as dark as they were when i was nine months preg. if your going to get them, then u r, there is nothing u can do about it. some women r just luckier than others!!!!! 

Name: Learn how to read | Date: Apr 22nd, 2006 3:39 PM
LIKE I SAID..."Some women may still get stretch marks no matter what they do, but this things will help reduce the severity! " Ask ANY dermatologist. They will tell you that there are things to PREVENT them, but some women will get them. Every woman in my family has them. I went to a dermatologist and followed ALL of his advice. I don't have a single stretch mark anywhere. So there are ways to make them less obvious or less severe. 

Name: jenn | Date: Apr 22nd, 2006 4:09 PM
as far as i know its COMPLETELY genetic, if youre going to get them youre going to get them!!!!! but if rubbing the creams on makes you feel better, go for it!!!! the creams may help a little with the severity..... but if its in the cards for you theres not much you can do, except for what "not true" says about not gaining too much weight too rapidly....
my thoughts are.... i would hate to NOT use the creams and get the stretch marks, and to later think .... wow, i could have spent 5 dollars a month on that body butter and avoided this!!! even though it really might not have made a difference!!!
i also hear from some dermatologists that drinking alot of water and staying hydrated helps, but i also hear that it doesnt, depends on which dermatologist is dishing out the information! 

Name: ashley | Date: Apr 22nd, 2006 4:20 PM
I got pretty lucky so far I have stretch marks in areas only my husband will ever see. I used cocoa butter and drink lots of water it helps keep your skin elastic and stretchable. my stretch marks are fading and my mos all faded to so hopefully you have good luck too 

Name: Lisa | Date: Apr 22nd, 2006 6:20 PM
Lots of cocoa butter!!!!! 

Name: Chris R | Date: Apr 22nd, 2006 7:20 PM
Wow, all I know is that I did it all right with my son, dranks tons of water, gained a minimal amount of weight and it wasn't too fast, used all of the creams and my stretch marks are what I would call severe. It may help some, but sure didn't do much for me, the sad thing is that my mom never got any, but my sister and I both got them bad, must run in the family and my mom got lucky. I agree with an above post though, I would rather try everything just in case, but be prepared if you are one of the unlucky ones. 

Name: jazmin | Date: Apr 26th, 2006 5:00 PM
palmers body lotion, it has coco butter it's really good! 

Name: jenn | Date: Apr 27th, 2006 12:18 AM
hmmm im 37 weeks no stretch marks yet but every day i do a ch3eck of them, im very very very nervous cause i know at the end they can pop up all of a sudden...
chris r.... im the opposite, my mom got them her first baby, my sis had two children in her late 30s and doesnt have a single mark....
im kind of worried that i am not seeing them now but that im going to have whitish stretchy lines AFTER she is born, that they are just not showing up while she is in there 

Name: Chris R | Date: Apr 27th, 2006 12:56 PM
Jenn, maybe they will skip you then. Don't stress, if you get them you will notice them before you have your baby, they are pretty obvious. By 37 weeks, my belly was covered, so maybe you are going to be fine. Good luck, I checked my belly everyday too! This time around, I guess it won't matter so much for me... 

Name: jenn | Date: Apr 28th, 2006 2:17 PM
chris, i am checking like 5 times a day!!!! i keep thinking i see them and then they dissappear. it wouldnt normally matter to me that much but i live on the beach and have worked as a surf instructor for years and would like to eventually go back to that job and that would make me reallly self conscious to be in a bikini all day....
when she is old enough to surf and stuff i cant wait to take her to surf contests and all that..... i get so excited thinking about it... i want her daddy to be proud of her one day even though he is not in the picture... he owns a surfboard factory and always used to say how he wanted a little surfer girl....
anyway.... 2 or 3 weeks to go at the most please god no stretch marks.... she has been poking outward sooooo hard and i am scared she is going to stretch me to maximum capacity and i will just rip open!!!! 

Name: Kristin | Date: Apr 28th, 2006 3:02 PM
Jenn. I am 34 weeks with my 2nd baby and dont have stretch marks yet. I didnt get any with my first either. I would think with how far along you are, you wont get any...but if you did, they would be so light it wouldnt be obvious. Some people get them and they are bright red or purple. I'm like you...I check everyday to see if I have any yet..some places its kinds hard to tell but my hubby says he doesnt see any. If I were you I would just rub tons of cocoa butter lotion on your belly and breasts, and take some extra vitamin E. You should be just fine :) 

Name: Kim | Date: May 16th, 2006 5:34 AM
Oh, My!!! I'm 36 weeks pr. and I just got stretch marks under my belly !!! they look so horrible, like spider veins- purplish , please, tell me someone that they will fade or minimize! I dont want to have them for the rest of my life!! 

Name: tan | Date: May 16th, 2006 12:15 PM
Just an update on the coco butter cream...................ya i'm now 35 weeks and have 2 big stretch marks under my belly and i don't even want to talk about my butt its full of stretch marks! This really sucks but I try not to think about it because having a baby is totally worth it. 

Name: Kim | Date: May 16th, 2006 12:34 PM
Tan, so you think they will stay forever?? I hope they won't look so horrible! I know that baby is worth it, but he or she is also worth good looking mom, dont you think? I pray that they will fade.. 

Name: Kim | Date: May 16th, 2006 12:37 PM
Also, is it too late for me to start using coco butter? I'm 36 weeks now... and i've got stretch marks already, but it says there,. that i could be using it before and after pregnancy. Does it actually help? 

Name: jenn | Date: May 16th, 2006 2:33 PM
39and a half weeks prego and NO STRETH MARKS YIPPEE!!!

well, only little ones on my hips, but i can deal with those, actually i got bad ones on my boobies, but i can deal with those too, its not like i walk around topless....

DID ANY OF YOU SEE the mothers day special on discovery health, about the lady with twins and sextuplets? she showed her belly on the show!!! WOW it was sooooo scary! i freaked out, cause my belly is pretty big too, and even without stretch marks, it might still be really floppy and deflated.... anyway she had this enormous double pouch and had to wear a girdle. and here i am 39 weeks preg and staring at my big belly and freaking out!
that lady is crazy, i could NEVER hande 6 kids at a time, plus twins. i would have to give them up for adoption or something. i would probablly end up killing them and myself! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us