Hello, guest
|
Name: jillw
[ Original Post ]
hay I have been trying to look for an update on the baby, but I haven't found it. I had a shit load of school work to catch up so I haven't been on in a while. Did they figure out what the problem was?? Is he ok now? is he home with you? How is new mommy hood? how often is he up at night? umm...I think that's it LOL. Oh yeah how are you feeling :)
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: mother2five | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 6:27 PM
Name: Coartney • Date: 04/24/2007 19:01:54

depended if i really liked her as a peson just not her as a mother or if i just hung around her to get out of the house lol.. i dont really have a problem in person telling people if they're assholes or idiots lol i do it alot to my so called best friend that i purposely ignore.. she's one of those people that dont take hints when u stop calling and responding lol .. doot doot doooo

right now my mom is mad at me b.c i snapped telling her that braden was my son and the choices i make about people being round him and what not, especially after just getting home from the hospital, are mine and and scotts, and i dotn care if its me being a bitch. my kids health is more important than someones feelings b.c i wont let them hold the baby. 

Name: mother2five | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 6:28 PM
Name: Coartney • Date: 04/24/2007 19:05:59

which one? haha braden is asleep in his crib just ate at like 545. he's been eating like 2 ounces every 2 or so hours. so much for sleep eh lol .. and scott is laying in bed.
we had a docs appt at 1, then go to the hospital for lab work, then we all went to babies r us, b.c i wanted to get more diapers, a new single electric pump b.c i cant stand manually doing it, i dont get enough out, and this thing by jjcole for body neck an dhead support in the car seat b.c the one in his is too big and i hate rolling up receiving blankets. but he's doing good, spitting up but not like excessively, like a normal baby. and he's got the poops. nice runny yellow poops :( but the doctor said it was the breastmilk or something oh and i also bought more formula since he is hooked on it along with the boob juice. hes on this lactofree erfamil or whatever, so i bought some of those glass jars ready to eat, its so much easier than stumbling to the kitchen, and im hoping by time he starts to go through them, my supply will be up enough so i can just give him breast milk even if it is in a bottle..

woo thats longlol 

Name: mother2five | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 6:29 PM
lol, i talked w/ her yesterday, thought i'd help ya out since you didn't see the post, lol 

Name: jillw | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 6:34 PM
haha thanks m25 

Name: Lola | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 6:39 PM
I've been hooked to the Championships all day so I haven't been on much.

But it's a little mean not to let anyone hold the little tyke.

It won't hurt him, just your pride! Lol 

Name: mybabyboy | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 7:11 PM
I was the same way I would hate when anybody but hubby. my mom, and me would hold my son. I wouldn't know if they washed their hands or what they have been at. 

Name: DaneseS | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 7:13 PM
i think that will make everyone wash there hands before holdingmy little girl once she gets here...sicks babies are no fun.. and germs spread so easily 

Name: mybabyboy | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 7:14 PM
I use to say wash your hands and they would say oh they are clean. I'm like yeah right you just came from outside I was so annoyed! 

Name: mother2five | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 7:14 PM
WELL I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY SHE ISN'T Wanting ppl to hold him, he just got out of the level 3 nicu!!!!!!!!!!! I's be cautious too 

Name: DaneseS | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 7:15 PM
id be like so wash them again....and i 2nd what m25 said!! 

Name: mybabyboy | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 7:18 PM
Some family members are inconsiderate! 

Name: proudmomjen | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 7:27 PM
I do not see anything wrong with being over precaution of who is holding your baby. If you don't want someone to hold him or her then don't. I insist anyone who is holding my child to wash their hands. My mom did the I already washed my hands and I told her well I didn't see her do it. Also anyone who is definately sick I don't even want them in my house. People always tell me that your baby is going to get sick whether it's from you or someone else. I tell them well I would rather it have been me then you. Atleast I know I took every precaution I knew how to keep my child from becoming sick. Plus being that he was in the nicu I would most definately be more overprotective then normally. 

Name: mybabyboy | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 7:30 PM
I agree! 

Name: Kyra | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 7:36 PM
hmm, I'm not so sure I agree. I can understand in Coartney's situation when the baby is pre-disposed to an illness relatingto germs or dirty hands but I have never insisted that anyone wash their hands beore they held my daughters and I don't plan on this baby being different. Babies, although they seem tiny and helpless, they are pretty resiliant and tough. My biggest concern is being over-protective of my babies and in the end having it be a hinderence when there immunity dosen't have a chance to build it stuff up as a result of coming into contact with common germs. I always assume that anyone who is asking to hold my babies didn't just garbage-dive.
Those are just my thoughts though-and I have two happy, healthy and storng little girls to back my evidence! 

Name: DaneseS | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 7:43 PM
yeah well once the baby starts building its own immunities then maye i wont be a hand washing nazi..but until then people are washing their hands 

Name: bebe9281 | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 7:44 PM
Danese... I used to make people wash their hands to hold my babies... Not strange at all.. You wash your hands before you eat... Better wash before you touch my baby. 

Name: Lola | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 8:17 PM
I remember when I was 12 my first nephew was born and my sister didn't want me holding him.

I cried for hours when I got home.

Lol.

I dunno.

I wouldn't want people I don't really get along with holdin' my kid, the mother in law for instance... She's a dirty whore anyways! :P

LOL 

Name: mybabyboy | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 9:42 PM
The doctors actually told me to have everyone wash their hands before touching the baby. 

Name: Coartney | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 10:54 PM
they told me the same thing, wsh ur hands and arms up to your elbows.. i kind of felt like a doctor. and when holding him everytime u touch something to rewash ur hand with soap and water or hand sanitizer. 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 11:16 PM
Coartney, you should of stolen some of than antiseptic foam squirt stuff!! lol that stuff is great, we have some at my house, since we both work for the hospital, you shouldn't use hand sanitizer all the time it kills all the bad germs, but the good germs too, any thing antibacterial isnt that good for you 

Name: jillw | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 11:22 PM
well I don't know how this turned into rather people agree with your decision to let people hold the baby LOL, but jsut for the record I would be jsut a cautious as you are being! I am glad to hear that things are going good. You'll manage when scott is gone. I do all of the night stuff about 95% of the time because gary has to work and you know he works crazy shifts. He gets up with her sometimes so that I can sleep, but he still has me change her diaper LOL Scott is looking like suck a good dayyd in the pics. You guys make a great looking family. Did you find that being a mom jsut sort of came to you naturally? It did for me. Babies usually hate me and I feel uncomftorable holding them because I don't know what to do, but when kendra came it was just instinct. It sounds like he is eating well. Make sure that he has a good latch or your nipples will be killing you. My friend roxanne's bled and scabbed, but she kept feeding and they were fine in about a week and a half or so. Best wishes to you hun and make sure that you rest when he does. 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 11:34 PM
good question, im not sure if you can buy it, but ill look, im bored!!! thats good that your boobies aren't hurting too much, and i think my dog is gonna be a dick too, hes starting to act funny lately 

Name: Whittni | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 11:34 PM
yeah im the same way! hand sanitizer all the way! we just bought a few GIANT bottles lol. im glad he is good and eating and pooing good!! i wish cadence would latch on but she hates the nip im beginning to think! :( *hearts* 

Name: Coartney | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 11:35 PM
well everytime the baby cries, he freaks. he'll sit outside my room and bark and cry .. then yesterday he tried biting scott when he was coming into the room and the baby was crying. so we have to lock him up everytime we go out of the house with the baby. i told my parents, one wrong look from the dog at braden and im gonna kill him myself. 

Name: Whittni | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 11:35 PM
thats funny i wanted to steal it too. i hate the kind that smells like alcohol! icky! 

Name: Coartney | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 11:36 PM
whit have u tried expressing milk and rubbing it around on her lip/in the mouth to try and get her to latch? braden usually fusses and as soon as i get a little milk to come out he will go for it.. most of the time LOL.. sometimes he'll have it on his mouth and shake his head side to side like he is saying no, and then he'll grab my nipple and squeeze.. thats when i just put the milk in a bottle. LOL 

Name: jillw | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 11:42 PM
kendra used to sheker her head too when she was first born. To me it looked like a dog with a chew toy LOL She would have her mouth wide open and then jsut start shaking her head form side to side like she was starving and jsut wanted to rip something apart. She doesn't do it any more though. m I would jsut shove my boob into her mouth when she would do that and she would latch. Sometimes she was too close to the tip, but I sould just squeeze my areola when she was sucking and it would go into her mouth more. Then it was all good 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 11:42 PM
lol next time your at the hospital, just grab one off the wall and put it in your purse lol, they will never know! 

Name: Coartney | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 11:46 PM
haha im laughing hysterically jill .. lauren not sure i plan on going back to the hospital anytime soon LOL 

Name: jillw | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 11:48 PM
does braden do the same thing?? I called it her pit bull bite LOL 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 25th, 2007 11:48 PM
lol 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us